Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am using Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring, I have used different distro's of linux for a number of years now and have never had any problems like this. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Internet is incredibly slow using linux, windows works fine

Hello, I am using Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring, I have used different distro's of linux for a number of years now and have never had any problems like this. I am plugged directly into my router, and when the computer is using windows the internet speed is very fast. (Cable Modem) My download speeds seem just as fast as when I use windows. My problem is when i first type in a website, it will take a good minute and a half for anything to show up on the screen while it loads the website. It is probably about as slow as using dial-up to give you an idea, if not slower. Once I get to that website, it is alittle faster, but not much. I have tested my internet speed while using mandriva, and xp home edition, and I can tell you they are extremely similar. Also I almost forgot to mention, I have tried a number of different distro's and they all seem to be just as slow while using the internet. Any help would be great because I would love to get rid of XP on this machine.

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

You might need to disable IPv6 if you haven't already done so.
    oz

Just Joined!

Thanks

actually i figured it out last night! Thanks! I also have another question about getting my printer to work over my windows network. When I try to install the printer, after finding it on the windows network, it tells me "could not install the CUPS printing system" What could be my problem?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close