Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have just recently uninstalled Mandrake 9.1 from my secondary partition..Win XP being on my main... i succesfully deleted all the LInux partitions with Partition Magic 8 ... but when ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

partition problem

i have just recently uninstalled Mandrake 9.1 from my secondary partition..Win XP being on my main... i succesfully deleted all the LInux partitions with Partition Magic 8 ... but when i ask it to reallocate the free space it has created..it will restart .. and start the batch and then crash..it gives me 1.5 seconds to read a whole page of information.. and then restarts and tries again..so i have 7 gigs of my harddrive doing nothing..

what DOS programs can i boot up with on floppy to reallocate that free space? because the error Partition magic gives me is about a system file for windows..so somehow it got over to the Linux Partition and it doesnt want to be moved..

(i'm a really big noob) ...

Just Joined!
    You can create a new partition, instead of resizing - Giving you more than 1 logical drive, but better than missing 7 gig's! Or you can replace the bad windows file with a fresh copy from the windows installation CD

Just Joined!

Re: partition problem

Quote Originally Posted by adamhoward_4
    i have just recently uninstalled Mandrake 9.1 from my secondary partition..Win XP being on my main... i succesfully deleted all the LInux partitions with Partition Magic 8 ... but when i ask it to reallocate the free space it has created..it will restart .. and start the batch and then crash..it gives me 1.5 seconds to read a whole page of information.. and then restarts and tries again..so i have 7 gigs of my harddrive doing nothing..

what DOS programs can i boot up with on floppy to reallocate that free space? because the error Partition magic gives me is about a system file for windows..so somehow it got over to the Linux Partition and it doesnt want to be moved..

(i'm a really big noob) ...
    Don't use partition magic. Use the partition program which is used in the installation of Mandrake.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close