Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am having some issues with Mandrake... I installed it on my x2 box (3 gig ram, x2 4800) with the m2a-vm mobo. The install cd has a directory ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing Asus Mobo Driver Pack (Spring Mandrake 2k8)

Hello,
    I am having some issues with Mandrake... I installed it on my x2 box (3 gig ram, x2 4800) with the m2a-vm mobo. The install cd has a directory called linux drivers, but they are just text files.. I know I have to compile them somehow but I have no idea how to get them working.. Can anyone help me out? I'm really trying to learn this stuff.

Thanks!

Just Joined!
    So are they .c files? do you have a Makefile in there as well?
    Usually you can find instructions on how to compile in Install.txt or ReadMe files are any of them available?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by daik View Post
    So are they .c files? do you have a Makefile in there as well?
    Usually you can find instructions on how to compile in Install.txt or ReadMe files are any of them available?

Thanks for the response daik,
    No they are .run files I beleive... I looked in all the txt files on the cd and none give directions...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Okay, so is the first line something like this
    #!/bin/bash
    ?
    If so they are script files that you can just run. You probably need to be root to do this. But open a terminal. Navigate to your cd by typing 'cd /media/cdrom' and then use cd to navigate to the directory where the file is (type the first couple of chars and then tab to make bash fill in the blanks for you).
    Then type ./NameOfFile.run
    and follow instructions on screen.