Find the answer to your Linux question:
All went well until the part of what was configured. only thing not configured was my display i had this problem with 9.1 but strangely not with 9.0 (weird) i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

mandrake 10 instalation problems

All went well until the part of what was configured. only thing not configured was my display i had this problem with 9.1 but strangely not with 9.0 (weird) i am running a toshiba satellite 2400 s251 the thing got a s3 graphics super savage. i have tried many settings to go with and with no avail i so want to try mandrake 10 so i can learn some aspects of linux. Still in the duuuuuuh stage hopefully someone can help thanks!

Linux Guru
    I have an S3 that works fine. Did you use the defualt settings? Did you try to test it first?

Try setting up the video card to the probed values. Then set your resolution as low as it can go (640x480 8bit). Test it out. If it works, slowely increase your values till your happy.

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Just Joined!
    what u mean probed values the default values?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    When you run the X config utility, you configure first your card, then your monitor, then your resolution. When you click on one, let's say your card, it will probe for your card type and find the best match. That would be the default value. Use those settings first. Be sure to 'test' first... that way you don't have to keep re-starting X.

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Just Joined!

tried think every possibility

tried i think all possibilities with the savage option closest i got was the all color screen with the box but couldnt see the yes or no typed in there. i do have mandrake 9.0 installed i didnt have any problems it automaticlly configured it fine. i wonder if i upgrade to 10.0 if that will keep them settings