Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to install Firefox version 3 on Mandriva 2008 spring version. I have been able to unzip it using tar -jxvf but cannot install it, could somebody tell ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Angry How to install Firefox 3?

I am trying to install Firefox version 3 on Mandriva 2008 spring version. I have been able to unzip it using tar -jxvf but cannot install it, could somebody tell me the final commands please. Ron

Hi and Welcome !

Look for firefox file in extracted Firefox folder. Double click on that file. Does Firefox 3 pop up?

* I have edited your thread's title. Please use some relevant title next time.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Hello Ron

The way I usually do it - to begin with - is to open Firefox using a terminal/command line. Don't panic! There's no need to do this all the time because you can create a clickable link to it eventually.

The file you need is called 'firefox', and you would need to type ./firefox and press Enter. That should start it up for you.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso