Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am very very new to any type of Linux based OS, I am running the new Mandriva 2008, got everything installed and everything is running fine. but I am ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Nvidia Drivers help

I am very very new to any type of Linux based OS, I am running the new Mandriva 2008, got everything installed and everything is running fine. but I am very confused about how to install an Nvidia driver for a Geforce 8400 graphics card. I have read a few walkthroughs on how to do it but most of the install links are dead so its really not doing any good. Is there anyone out there that can tell me exactly what to do, like I said I am very new to Linux, so laymans terms only.

Hi there,

I believe Mandriva has the Nvidia drivers in the software repository. When you do Mandriva Control Center --> Software Management, can you find anything that looks like 'nvidia'?
    Distribution: Archlinux
    Processor: 3 x Amd 64 bit
    Ram: 4 GB
    Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT

If you've already set up your Urpmi repositories you'll need to find nvidia96xx drivers. I suppose these will solve your headeaches. If not, there are good drivers on Nvidia's home page. You'll need to download a driver supporting your model, and to install kernel sources and development packages matching your actual kernel.
    If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100682
    Linux Usert#430188

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close