Find the answer to your Linux question:
i downloaded MandrakeMove on a computer with winXP and i have winXp on my own computer for right now. when i started up my computer i tryed to open it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

MandrakeMove issues

i downloaded MandrakeMove on a computer with winXP and i have winXp on my own computer for right now. when i started up my computer i tryed to open it with winXP and this is what it says

Windoes cannot open this file:

File: MandrakeMove-i586.iso

To open this file, Windows needs to know what program created it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs on your computer.

first of all i do not have internet on the computer i am trying to get it to work on but i doubt that will work and i am guessing i am doing something wrong... sorry but i am totally new to linux.... anyone know how to boot it up??

p.s. on the computer i downloaded it from (i downloaded it straight to the cd) it says it was a Easy CD creation file or something like that. I have easy CD creator if that is what i need but for some reason, i serious doubt it.

Just Joined!

Burn?

Hi. Only The Thing You Need, Is Some Cd Burner Which Can BURN Cd-Images.
    Use Ahead Nero Burning ROM To Burn The Image....
    When You Burn ISO to the CD, Restart Your Computer, And Boot From CD.. Usually, How I Boot CD from My COmputer Is TO Change Bios Settings Where To Boot From : HDD0 to CDROM
    And When I Finish Installing OS, I Change It Back
    If Nero Is Too Big For You, Just Download WinRAR from www.rarsoft.com And It Will Extract The Image TO ANy Folder You Want, Then Burn All Files InThat Folder Directly TO Your CD And ... DOne !

If You Got Nero, And You Dont Know How TO Use, Press F1 or Open And From File Types List, Choose Cd-IMage