Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear all, I have recently istalled a dual boot on my latitude, i.e. xp and mandriva. Everything went perfect except my wifi driver. For some reason it isn't working. I'm ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandriva Wifi 2200BG

Dear all,

I have recently istalled a dual boot on my latitude, i.e. xp and mandriva. Everything went perfect except my wifi driver. For some reason it isn't working. I'm fairly new to Mandrive (200 but i've tried the following;
    - downloaded the file ipw2200-fw-3.0
    -in konsole as administrator-->cp home/"user"/Desktop/ipw2200-fw-3.0/*/lib/firmware/
    in other words, trying to copy the file to the firmware folder.
    I keep getting the :"No such file or folder" meassage.
    What to do?????? How can i get this copied to lib/firmware/???????
    Starting to get pretty frustrated!!!!

The asterisk is a wildcard, meaning it can match any directory so it probably won't work too well in this case. But more importantly your username must be your own or a variable to hold it, and you've omitted a space before the destination. Try this
    Code:
    cp /home/your_user_goes_here/Desktop/ipw2200-fw-3.0/* /lib/firmware
    An easier way if you have sudo set up (I'm not sure if Mandriva does this by default) you can run this command as your own user
    Code:
    sudo cp ~/Desktop/ipw2200-fw-3.0/* /lib/firmware
    Always remember when typing commands to use autocomplete. It's quicker and it helps prevent typos in file locations and paths. When you type ~/Desktop/i immediately hit TAB and let it type the rest of the path for you.

Just Joined!
    alright, first attempt:
    cp /home/"my user name"/Desktop/ipw2200-fw-3.0/* /lib/firmware gave me the following message:
    No such file or directory, but it's there!!! so i don't know what's wrong here

when: sudo cp ~/Desktop/ipw2200-fw-3.0/* /lib/firmware, it doesn't whine about anything, when i look, they're copied to the firmware directory, so that seems to work.

Next thing, when i set up a new network (wireless ofcourse) in the control center and i select the "intel corporation PRO/Wireless 2200BGT Network Connectioon" and click on next: drakconnect says "unable to find network interface for selected device" Sorry guys, but now what??
    I've been reading about having to update my kernel?? And thanx for the previous post, appreciate it bigtomrodney

Just Joined!

Smile help wanted

come on peeps, what to do?