Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi , i want to install Mandriva Powerpack 2008 SPring ,and i checked all the packages that come in the DVD and it has the pppoeconf program ,which is of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Just wanted to be sure!

Hi , i want to install Mandriva Powerpack 2008 SPring ,and i checked all the packages that come in the DVD and it has the pppoeconf program ,which is of vital importance to me.

I wanted to be sure will it work after i install the OS , as i have really bad experiences with RPM based distros. In all DEB distros i 've tried it has worked like a charm.

Just tell me will it work the same on Mandriva ?
    I have had a 360 ,but it got the RROD
    No more XBOX, i turned PS3
    I had it for months ,it still amazes me!

Never seen a bigger failure of MICROSOFT then the XBOX 360!

oz
    forum.guy
    I doubt there is anyone here that can guarantee you anything will work on your particular machine. The fact that something does or does not work for me on my own machine doesn't necessarily mean that it will work on your machine. In my opinion, it's best to try it and maybe even make notes as you go about what works, and what doesn't. That way, you can refer to your notes if you should need them in the future.

Let us know how it goes, and best of luck with it.
    oz

Linux Newbie
    I am a bit suprised at what are you saying , because if the program is there ,its the Internet Connection configuration utility and there is no reason ,it shouldn't work with Mandriva , i guess i should go to terminal and type pppoeconf and enter root password and the configuration should start normally ,if pppoeconf program is installed,and it will be when i install the OS .
    I know nothing except death is absolute ,but i really hope it works, and i will post back here ,maybe tomorrow or aftertomorrow.
    I have installed Mandriva before ,but at those times ,i was an super noob and didn't know the command pppoeconf ,so that's the reason i want to install it again.
    And hopefully i will find peace with this OS ,because i 've changed so many distros ,in just a few months.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Installed it. I tried Pppoeconf ,it didn't work , i tried from Mandriva Control Center to add a PPPOE connection,it didn't work either , then i tried ethernet ,and choose all setting automatic and it worked. I am not very familiar with this Linux distro ,anyway i am happy i managed to get it to work. My ATI card is working perfectly , i have all plugins and codecs, no additional work here to do for me. I will just add some software,although it has a vast amount of it the OS itself. I guess i will keep this for some time./

Why are you using PPPoE?
    We actually came across a thread recently where someone had been using it for no reason other than some old DSL howtos had pointed them that way. Generally speaking routers and 'modems' for broadband already do the PPPoE side of things. If it has DHCP and is giving you an IP address chances are it is doing PPPoE for you and as long as you have a network driver you're good to go.

Linux Newbie
    I guess its like you are saying , anyway i have to noob questions here

1 Every time i need to add software ,it asks me for the Mandriva Powerpack Installer medium , how to remove that annoying thing ?

2 My games are running great with my ATI proprietary driver which Mandriva installed for me.
    But i am only getting 800x600 resolution ,how to go to 1024X768 ?

At the configure desktop i only get the 800x600 option ,when it should be 1024x768 just like i told the installer to do.