Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, Everytime I'm saving something from the internet like songs, zip files, whatever, I have to choose "open file" instead of "save file". If I'm choosing "save file" the computer ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problem with saving empty files from the internet

Hey,

Everytime I'm saving something from the internet like songs, zip files, whatever, I have to choose "open file" instead of "save file". If I'm choosing "save file" the computer saves the files as empty, 0 Kb. So each time I have to choose "open file", and then manually move it from temp folder. Any suggestions?

Which webbrowser are you using

Just Joined!
    Mozilla Firefox version: 2.0.0.13

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Firefox saves by default to your desktop What error do you get when you try and save

Sorry just read again What you wrote try deleting the ./mozilla folder from your home directory

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by scrarfussi View Post
    Firefox saves by default to your desktop What error do you get when you try and save
    I do not get any error. I do EXACTLY what I have always done when I had Windows, but the problem is that the files isn't really "downloading", I just receive en "empty" file. So everytime I have to do one step more, when the download manager shows the file as downloaded and there is an option "open" (or save) in that little window, I have to press "open" and THEN the file gets open. So the normal file isn't where I wanted it to be (where I stated that I want it to be downloaded), but in temp.

try deleting the ./mozilla folder from your home directory
    I don't have ./mozilla folder in my home directory or I cannot find it. I've searched for "Mozilla" now using "find files/folders" (searched through: Storage Media) and the only places I found it where:
    etc/pki/tls/
    home/[my user name]/.adobe/Acrobat/8.0/Preferences/
    opt/Adobe/Reader8 /Reader/intellinux/
    usr/lib/
    usr/share/dict/
    usr/share/mdk/bookmarks

In my Home folder I just have: Program Files (but no Mozilla Firefox there... actually NO program there, apart from Adobe rpm), link to desktop and tmp. Nothing more.