Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am really sorry to asking help here for a emulation problem,cause i am a member too,of an emulator related site,but they are all windows users there,so i am afraid ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

ePSXe problem!

I am really sorry to asking help here for a emulation problem,cause i am a member too,of an emulator related site,but they are all windows users there,so i am afraid you are my only hope.

Here is my whole thing:
    Downloaded epsxe for Linux (executable)
    I also downloaded all the plugins for it in Linux
    Also downloaded the Bios.

My problem ,i don't know where to put the plugins , i tried putting them in the same directory as epsxe ,but still i got only the option Disabled when i try to configure them from epsxe GUI menu.

Any idea where to put them ,to make them appear in the GUI config menu ?

PS. I already have set up my ATI card to support 3D acceleration , so no problem from this point of view.

Many thanks in advance.
    I have had a 360 ,but it got the RROD
    No more XBOX, i turned PS3
    I had it for months ,it still amazes me!

Never seen a bigger failure of MICROSOFT then the XBOX 360!

The plugins are usually in your configuration directory for that application. Do you have a hidden directory called .epsxe or something similar? If you do check for a plugins directory in there and restart the app after dropping the plugins in.

Linux Newbie
    I don't have any directory in there except some files which should i delete ,but those file in the windows version ,were inside their own directories ,for example the delete.me was in the BIOS directory ,while in Linux ,i can't see any directory.

May be as you say they are hidden,i know i should add a argument to LS which i have read in some book ,but i forgot that ,so if you will tell me ,you could be a great help.

If you're using Gnome with nautilus to browse you can hit ctrl+h to show hidden files. If you're using Konqueror/Dolphin with KDE you can use alt+. to do the same. I'll install ePSXe tonight to see what way the files are laid out.

Linux Newbie
    Thanks for telling me,although i got to VIEW tab and choose show hidden files under Dolphin,

I am using KDE ,and now i can see the file which contain the configuration ,and it is .epsxerc and there is all the information for the configuration ,of course i don't know how to edit it to make it work,if you will make it work ,when you install it , please tell me too how to configure the emu to start.

#
    # ePSXe config file
    #

# Plugins names
    VideoPlugin = DISABLED
    SoundPlugin = DISABLED
    PadPlugin = INTERNAL

# File paths/names
    BiosPath = /home/kejdi/Desktop/epsxe160lin/bios//*.bin
    CdromDevice = /dev/cdrom
    CdromMountPath = /cdrom
    IsoDirectory = .

# Memory cards [files]
    MemcardPath1 = memcards/epsxe000.mcr
    MemcardPath2 = memcards/epsxe001.mcr

# Sounds options [0-disabled, 1-enabled]
    SoundEnabled = 1
    SoundXA = 1
    SoundCDDA = 1
    SoundFakeSpuIrq = 0

# Keys [16-keycodes]
    Keys1 = 25,28,26,27,40,53,52,39,54,24,29,55,98,102,104,100
    Keys2 = 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    Keys3 = 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    Keys4 = 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    Multitap1 = 0

# Misc options [0-NTSC, 1-PAL, 255-AUTODETECT, 0-disabled, 1-enabled]
    Country = 255
    AutoPpfLoad = 1

This is the content of the file i mentioned earlier. I also try to edit by changing DISABLED to ENABLED ,but still nothing.

Just Joined!
    Hey there.

I just thought I'd give you a quick bit of help, since I have had this problem in the past. The reason why you're having issues finding plugins is due to the fact you have a plugins directory full of windows DLL plugins, which the earlier revision of ePSXe doesn't support for linux. If you change the string from DISABLED to ENABLED, it still reverts to DISABLED because the number of plugins in the drop-down list are generated based on the plugins directory. If you google the individual plugins, you will most likely find a linux binary in the .so format which will be accepted as a plugin.

Although you can edit the configuration file, it most likely won't be updated again until a valid plugin is available; DISABLED is a value generated by ePSXe when there are no valid plugins. Since it looked through your plugins directory and found no valid plugins, it'd have no need to update the file, hence the reason why ENABLED wouldn't do anything.

Hopefully, I've given at least a little insight into the issue for you. Sorry it's come so late after you were having the problem.