Find the answer to your Linux question:
im new to linux and i dont understand much about commands etc . . . well, i have a d-link DWA-110 adapter and linux does not detect it. so ive ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

dwa-110 driver and ndiswrapper

im new to linux and i dont understand much about commands etc . . . well, i have a d-link DWA-110 adapter and linux does not detect it. so ive downloaded a driver for it here ftp://ftp.dlink.fr/DWA/DWA-110/Pilotes/Linux/ but i dont know how to install it. then i found out about ndiswrapper and still i dont know what to do with it.
    pleas someone help me understand how to use one of these drivers

i have a feeling you're gonna struggle with that one mate, i had a look at the release notes (the .doc) file and it said its a mac OS file (.dmg) so it wont work on linux. on the other hand if you can download the normal windows driver for that card or have it on disc, then you can use ndiswrapper to make your wlan work using windows drivers. check the tutorial section of this forum or post in the "wireless" section of this forum if you need more specific help
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463