Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Every One this is saffa here I m New to this forum & i wnt to run a windowa Executable file on Linux ( mandriva 2007) i have an ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Windows Executable problem on Mandriva 2007

Hello Every One this is saffa here
    I m New to this forum & i wnt to run a windowa Executable file on Linux ( mandriva 2007) i have an " wine" rpm packege with me but dont know how to use any one can help me how to run (any type) .exe file on mandriva 2007 thanks in advance

Linux Guru

Just Joined!

Question abot the Wine

yes i have installed that wine but i said i m new to linux & i just want to replace windows with the linux i want no windows more only one door "linux"
    this is possible when i m able to run windows .exe on linux plateform i know every thing is diffrent but i know this is possible we can run any windows .exe on linux thats what i want how to do it?

Linux Guru
    If you want to use Wine to run Windows programs, I suggest you *read the manual.*

What is Wine and How Can It Help Me?

Wine makes it possible to run Windows programs alongside any Unix-like operating system, particularly Linux. At its heart, Wine is an implementation of the Windows Application Programing Interface (API) library, acting as a bridge between the Windows program and Linux. Think of Wine as a compatibility layer, when a Windows program tries to perform a function that Linux doesn't normally understand, Wine will translate that program's instruction into one supported by the system. For example, if a program asks the system to create a Windows pushbutton or text-edit field, Wine will convert that instruction into its Linux equivalent in the form of a command to the window manager using the standard X11 protocol.
    What applications work well with Wine?

Just Joined!

Cool thanks a lot........

yah its okey i need to refer that book which u suggested to me for use of "WINE".

yesterday i tried that on by double cliking on "wine-doors-0.1.2-5.25.i586.rpm"

package & then tried to run windows Software exe but linux ask me open with i selected wine again configure,file manegement,graphics controller...many options is that procedure correct or i m going write a way............ tell me suggest me waiting.....
    thanks once again for ur quick replied posts