Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! I just got Mandrakemove and tried to play dvd's with it. The region code for the dvd-drive is 1 and i tried to play three different dvd's. First one ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandrakemove problems playing dvd (error reading nav packet)

Hi!

I just got Mandrakemove and tried to play dvd's with it.

The region code for the dvd-drive is 1 and i tried to play three different dvd's. First one did work great and the other two gave me this error:

The movie 'error reading nav packet.' could not be read

Does anyone know how i could fix the situation? it would be really great to be able to watch movies with this system!

Linux Guru
    You need to install libdvdcss.

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Just Joined!
    Thank you for your reply!

I haven't installed anything on linux so far so i don't know how to install

Is it even possible to install since the linux i'm using (mandrakemove) is a live-cd?

If it's possible and not too hard to do... could you please give more detailed description how to install on linux? (the mentioned program)

I got the MandrakeMove via Pcplus magazine and just started to play with it. Mainly i'd like to be able to watch movies maybe later do something more with it. I guess i should get the memory stick before that...

Oh, almost forgot to mention. I have a little problem with getting the internet to work with it. I have tried the network / internet setup but haven't been able to make it to work.

I have tried knoppix and was able to make the internet to work so i guess it couldn't be too hard to do (i hope) I'm using cable modem and normally Windows XP home so it takes care of the internet settings.

THANKS AGAIN!

Linux Guru
    I don't know how to install software with a LiveCD...

Sorry.
    Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Just Joined!
    No problem

I tried to search information and got the impression that it's impossible to install anything on Mandrakemove....

Shame ... i would have liked to watch movies with it.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but do you / does anyone know any live linux distribution that would be able to play dvd's (any dvd) without installing any other software?

Just Joined!

Cool Other Linux Operating system downloads