Find the answer to your Linux question:
So basically I just installed Madriva but when I log in there is nothing there, all I see is a clock in the top right and some options when you ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Graphics, No GUI?

So basically I just installed Madriva but when I log in there is nothing there, all I see is a clock in the top right and some options when you hold the left click about the screen?

What's this about, did I do something wrong?

Just Joined!
    Sorry just had to edit and update the situation, the password issue was resolved and was pretty foolish of me.

Just Joined!
    2005 is very old.

At a console login, when you type a password, nothing appears on screen. Just type the password and hit enter.

Jim

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkerr82508 View Post
    2005 is very old.

At a console login, when you type a password, nothing appears on screen. Just type the password and hit enter.

Jim

Yeah I figured that out ages ago I think I was editing thread when you posted so it didn't change the title.

Yeah may be old but I only had 1 cd disc so only version I could get to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Blitz View Post
    Yeah may be old but I only had 1 cd disc so only version I could get to try out.
    Actually, there are several single-CD versions of the latest Mandriva, 2008.1.

Download | Mandriva

It's called "Mandriva One" and you can download a version with KDE, one with Gnome, or one with all GPL components (meaning no wireless drivers).
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants