Find the answer to your Linux question:
Greetings! I have two desktops and three laptops. All are connected to wireless internet via one computer which is the main internet dsl portal (At&T) I want to install Mandriver ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Minerva Linux and Wifi

Greetings!

I have two desktops and three laptops. All are connected to wireless internet via one computer which is the main internet dsl portal (At&T)

I want to install Mandriver in one of the desktops. The desktop has one gigabyte of memory and 2.66mhz cpu, with a hard drive of 74gb.

A few days ago, I installed three mandriva disks. I got these three disks from a mandriver Linux Magazine from 2006. This magazine is published in the UK. It's url is Linux Format :: The website of the UK's best-selling Linux magazine. I could use open office but I could not connect to the internet via my wireless internet card. Mandriva was the only program in that computer. I did not do any double boot. I went to Mandriva network configuration through mandriva control center without success.

What am I doing wrong? I would be grateful for any help or suggestions.

With Thanks.

Just Joined!
    with all distributions but mandriva 2008, setting up wlan is more or less of a pain (it took me 8 days to set it up properly in suse).
    if you have connection to the internet, download the newest version of mandriva (which is 200 for free and install it. for me wlan worked out of the box.

hf