Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am a newbie to Linux, was wondering in Mandriva 08 how do you disable startup applications. Kaffeine is realy annoying me Cheers...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandriva Startup apps

I am a newbie to Linux, was wondering in Mandriva 08 how do you disable startup applications. Kaffeine is realy annoying me
    Cheers

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Kaffeine shouldn't really a startup application. Did you logout of your system whilst it was still running? You may want to run kcontrol -> kde components -> session manager and tick the option to save the session. After that close the apps you do not want at start up, logout and back in again. After that redo the steps above and untick the option to save sessions.

Just Joined!
    Sounds great. I don't see the save session tick box. I can start a empty session or restore a manualy saved session. How can you save a session?

Thanks

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Unfortunately I have no access to a machine with KDE at the moment, so can't look into your problem further. You can just tick the "start an empty session", log out and back in again. Hopefully Kaffeine won't start if you do that.