Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all, I've just installed Mandriva 2008.1 and used the "Mandriva Linux Control Center" to setup a cisco vpn connection. Or so I thought. I clicked the "Configure VPN .." ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Cisco VPN client

Hello all,
    I've just installed Mandriva 2008.1 and used the "Mandriva Linux Control Center" to setup a cisco vpn connection. Or so I thought. I clicked the "Configure VPN .." and typed in all the details relevant to my environment. It then asks "Do you want to start the connection now?" I click "yes" and it goes away for a second and then comes back saying "The vpn connection is now configured". Now I can't find any way to actually connect using this connection. And I can not access anything that this vpn connection provides to me. So what am I missing? and how do I fix it?

(I imagine it is just a matter of connecting, but I can not seem to do that. I've tried from a console to type "vpnclient connect name" but it "cannot read name")

Just Joined!
    It turns out that the GUI for starting it does not quite work as expected (to me anyway).

SO what I had to do was, as root, run "vpn-start vpnc name" it goes away and when it returns it is connected.