Find the answer to your Linux question:
Actually I got Ubuntu Linux on my computer and I installed Mandriva 2009 on another partition. Everything it is running ok but when I try to connect to the internet ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Internet Connection Problems

Actually I got Ubuntu Linux on my computer and I installed Mandriva 2009 on another partition. Everything it is running ok but when I try to connect to the internet it appears to be connected but never connects to the internet. I am connecting the internet using usb and a paradyne ozone dsl modem. I try different things and nothing works. Please Help me.

Just Joined!

Help please

Help please

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanPR View Post
    Actually I got Ubuntu Linux on my computer and I installed Mandriva 2009 on another partition. Everything it is running ok but when I try to connect to the internet it appears to be connected but never connects to the internet. I am connecting the internet using usb and a paradyne ozone dsl modem. I try different things and nothing works. Please Help me.
    I am a new linux user... so I apologise if this does not help you, I was having the same problem, until I tried to check the active interfaces, in the network icon in the system tray... there, unselect the eth0 and try the other/s