Results 1 to 1 of 1
This is a simple HowTo, if you want to transfer the recorded movie from a DV camera to DVD: 1. Hook up your video camera to the FireWire port. 2. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 10-22-2008 #1
Using FireWire for DV transfer
This is a simple HowTo, if you want to transfer the recorded movie from a DV camera to DVD:
1. Hook up your video camera to the FireWire port.
2. Open terminal and gain root access: su
3. Type: modprobe raw1394
4. Type: chmod -R 777 /dev/raw1394
5. Type: chown yourusername /dev/raw1394
6. Start Kino
7. Select the device in Settings/IEE1394
8. Start recording: for a 140 min. DVD you'll need to have 40 GB storage space
9. After the recording export the file into a desired format.
This has to be done each time you boot the system. The module raw1394 is by default not loaded at boot time.
I hope somebody will find it useful.If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program: