Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed mandriva 2009 free edition on my new pc and when i booted it up i could here static coming from somewhere. I also tried mandriva one 2009...same problem. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation static problems

I installed mandriva 2009 free edition on my new pc and when i booted it up i could here static coming from somewhere. I also tried mandriva one 2009...same problem. Has anyone else experienced problems similar to these?

I've never used mandrivia, but I know that techiemoe experienced the same problem (his rants are great.) I believe he listed his solution in his rant. Just google for techiemoe (first listing), and go to his latest mandrivia rant.
    New to the internet, technical forums, or the hacker / open source community??
    Read this to learn good posting habits http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

RHCE for RHEL version 5
    RHCT for RHEL version 4

Next time it boots up, turn the sound up from 0%.
    I noticed that when you turn the sound down you get the boot up sounds as static, but if you turn it to 4% you don't hear anything.
    Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network.

Registered Linux user #481826 Get counted!

Just Joined!
    i got the problem solved by reading techiemoe's rant on mandriva...turning the sound down didnt do anything...i had to disable the analog loopback audio...thanx 4 ur help