Find the answer to your Linux question:
I need VMware Player installed for a Linux Admin class that I am taking. I downloaded the latest .rpm of VMware from the VMware site and installed it. After the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Where is VMware after install?

I need VMware Player installed for a Linux Admin class that I am taking. I downloaded the latest .rpm of VMware from the VMware site and installed it. After the install completed, I cannot find VMware anyway. Researching on the VMware site didn't help at all. Does anyone have any experience installing this under the latest release of Mandriva? If so, how do I launch VMware and, for that matter, where would I find it?

Thanks for your help.

Linux Guru

VMPlayer Docs

Start VMware Player
    1 To open your VMware Player:
    Choose VMware Player from the Start > Programs menu in Windows or from the corresponding program
    menu in a Linux X windows session.
    n On Windows, type vmplayer from the Start > Run command menu. You can also type <path>
    \vmplayer.exe in the command interpreter, where <path> is the appropriate path on your system to
    the VMware Player executable file.
    n From the Linux command line, type <path>/vmplayer, where <path> is the appropriate path on your
    system to the VMware Player executable file. If you want to run VMware Player in the background,
    type <path>/vmplayer &.

2 Browse for the configuration file of the virtual machine that you want to run.
    You can also select a recently used virtual machine or download a virtual appliance from the Virtual
    Appliance Marketplace.
    You can use the field Files of type to filter the files that are displayed when you browse.
    VMware Player can open .vmx VMware configuration files, OVF, and OVA files. On Windows, VMware
    Player can open .vmc Microsoft Virtual PC and Virtual Server files and .sv2i Symantec Backup Exec
    System Recovery system images.
    3 Select a virtual machine configuration file, and click Open.
    You can also open a virtual machine by right-clicking its configuration file to display a context menu from
    which you can open the virtual machine in VMware Player.