Find the answer to your Linux question:
K well i have gone as far as making a folder in gimp/2.0/brushes (brushes being the new folder) and now i cant extract the .gbr files to this folder. howcome? ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Putting gimp brushes to use!

K well i have gone as far as making a folder in gimp/2.0/brushes (brushes being the new folder) and now i cant extract the .gbr files to this folder. howcome? Can someone tell me the exact way to extract these files to gimp so they are usable?

Also off topic im REALLY new to mandriva and i dont know how to install things. I'm trying to install firefox-3.0.4.tar.bz2 but i have no clue where to even start how do i install this file?

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by oxidious80 View Post
    Also off topic im REALLY new to mandriva and i dont know how to install things. I'm trying to install firefox-3.0.4.tar.bz2 but i have no clue where to even start how do i install this file?
    Welcome to the forums!

I can't speak on the brushes issue, but on the package installation matter, your best bet in Mandriva is to set up URPMI:

Easy Urpmi

Otherwise, you can find some software installation instructions for Linux here:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...are-linux.html
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by oxidious80 View Post
    K well i have gone as far as making a folder in gimp/2.0/brushes (brushes being the new folder) and now i cant extract the .gbr files to this folder. howcome? Can someone tell me the exact way to extract these files to gimp so they are usable?

You don't have to extract anything in that folder.
    You can place your brushes into /home/yourusername/.gimp-2.4/brushes . Of course, if they are zipped, unzip them into that folder, and you will see, when you restart the Gimp, the brushes will appear.

I can also recommend you to use repositories with EasyUrpmi. Firefox is there. In Mandriva, there are usually precompiled packages for programs with .rpm extensions, which can be downloaded and installed through the Package manager (or rpmdrake from terminal).
    Attention! By default, Mandriva won't keep the downloaded packages after their installation, so if you need them on an other PC it's better to tell us, so we could help you how to do that.
    If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100682
    Linux Usert#430188