Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm on a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ491N running Mandriva 2009, everything works perfectly except for the "fn" combinations, volume, brightness etc. do nothing when pressed. Any solution for this? it's not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fn Keys

I'm on a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ491N running Mandriva 2009, everything works perfectly except for the "fn" combinations, volume, brightness etc. do nothing when pressed. Any solution for this? it's not urgent but it may be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMex90 View Post
    I'm on a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ491N running Mandriva 2009, everything works perfectly except for the "fn" combinations, volume, brightness etc. do nothing when pressed. Any solution for this? it's not urgent but it may be helpful. Thanks in advance!
    Are you using Mandriva with KDE4? I know there have been some extended key problems with KDE4 that are not specific to Mandriva. Either way, you could also try setting the keyboard shortcuts your self in the system settings.
    Using Linux since June 2007
    Distros: Mint 16 KDE
    SPECS: AMD Atholon 64 X2 3.2 Ghz, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTS 250 1GB VRAM
    When your whole life is on one computer, servers and all, choose stability over anything else.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkittleLinux18 View Post
    Are you using Mandriva with KDE4? I know there have been some extended key problems with KDE4 that are not specific to Mandriva. Either way, you could also try setting the keyboard shortcuts your self in the system settings.
    yeah I'm using KDE 4.1

I have already being succesful to config the volume keys but not the bright,