Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, I currently have Mandriva Powerpack 2009 x64 installed on my laptop HP Pavillion tx1000 Everything seems to work fine. Exept the internet. I can only go into certain websites. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Mandriva Powerpack 2009

Hey, I currently have Mandriva Powerpack 2009 x64 installed on my laptop HP Pavillion tx1000

Everything seems to work fine.

Exept the internet.

I can only go into certain websites.

So far, i've found to be able to only go to google [just google, links don't work] gmail, aim works so i guess aol.

I wonder if this is like a firewall problem, or a bug?

Can you help me?

Step by Step instructions since this is actually my first time ever using linux =P

by the way I am connecting by ethernet.

Just Joined!
    I have been waiting patiently all day for a response to this post with a solution.
    Finally I did a little more digging and I think i've turned something up. So naturally I am beholden to report upon it.

Apparently this problem is specific to the 2.6.27 kernel and some people suggest downgrading to work around it.
    It has also been averred that the problem only affects people who use Verizon DSL, so you could always switch to comcast.
    The linux geeks swear that despite the fact nobody running an earlier kernel has this problem it is not a bug with the new kernel but the new kernel actually works better, causing the problem. That sounds just like a linux geek.

I am not a linux geek so I can't tell you definitively how to fix the problem. I can, however, link to the following url where it is discussed exhaustively, complete with additional links to further discussions. I don't have the time right now to attempt to implement the solutions but I am going to take their word for it. I suggest you do the same. Those linux geeks are pretty clever.

the url: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mandriva/...ux/+bug/264019

Just Joined!
    or cut to the chase here (ought to do it)

2009.0 Errata - Mandriva Community Wiki

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close