Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have 2009 and Devils Casper helped me get KDE to read NTSF, however, i am having allot of issues with this version. 2008.1 spring worked well. 1. I can't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

[SOLVED] Problems

I have 2009 and Devils Casper helped me get KDE to read NTSF, however, i am having allot of issues with this version. 2008.1 spring worked well.

1. I can't get any thing to recognize audio cd's or play them. I have Amarok playing mp3's and wave. i was able to get mplayer i think to play a dvd once. however like I said, i can't play cd's i can't rip anything and kaffeine just sits there. when i put a disk in a menu will not come up to ask what i want to do. Every now and then it will say that a disk was loaded but not very often.

2. now my dvd writer will not open most of the time unless i reboot. Then only for a short time.

Should I just wipe everything and just start over. am i maybe missing the right drivers? k3b is having trouble opening and burning I am so sorry for all the trouble i have caused to all of you. thanks for all your help. Bower

Have you tried mandriva 2009 ? Its works perfectly with movies and music stuff.
    It took me just around 15 mints to install it.
    Im very much impressed by it.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Linux Newbie

cd

That is the one i am having trouble with. dolphin knows when i put a dvd in but an audio cd wont even show up let alone lay. i followed word for word the sticky thread on the first page on playing windows media files. please help.... Bower