Find the answer to your Linux question:
What does this mean? checking for boostlib >= 1.34.0... configure: error: We could not detect the boost libraries (version 1.34 or higher). If you have a staged boost library (still ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned
    LA., St.Georges, Sydney... Take thy pick.

Need Real Help...

What does this mean?

checking for boostlib >= 1.34.0... configure: error: We could not detect the boost libraries (version 1.34 or higher). If you have a staged boost library (still not installed) please specify $BOOST_ROOT in your environment and do not give a PATH to --with-boost option. If you are sure you have boost installed, then check your version number looking in <boost/version.hpp>. See Home for more documentation.
    I think the main idea is
    please specify $BOOST_ROOT in your environment and do not give a PATH to --with-boost option
    How do I do this? Seriously, I have been trying for weeks to install FlightGear and it's one problem after another.

I hate Windows and I would live in Linux permanently if I had the ability to guess commands and re-invent wheels. But at this rate, it looks like formatting and staying Windows bound.

Moderator's Note : Please use [ code ] .... [ /code ] or [ quote ] .... [ /quote ] tags. ( Without spaces around [ ] )
    Last edited by devils casper; 12-12-2008 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Removed Color tag.

Just Joined!
    You may not even have to manually set an environment variable for $BOOST_ROOT. It looks like it can't find a library for boost, so have you tried installing the boost package yet? You should be able to do this using your Linux distro's package manager (something like yum, apt-get, etc.)

I would need to know which distro you are using in order to help you with the command to install the package.

open rpmdrake from a console, be sure that the two drop-down menus have all selected, type boost in the search field, verify that boost, its devel packages and the boost build tools are installed and you should be good to go. Loy

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close