Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello I have installed alltel quicklink mobile using wine when I open quicklink mobile it cannot detect my phone as a modem the alltel people were no help so I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined! sparkythewondersquid's Avatar

quicklink mobile and wine

hello I have installed alltel quicklink mobile using wine when I open quicklink mobile it cannot detect my phone as a modem the alltel people were no help so I turn to all of you the program seems to be running fine am I missing something? do I need to somehow set up linux to detect my blackberry as a modem? any help would be appreciated I'm running mandriva 2009 32-bit i586

too use your phone as a modem you need too configure kppp or install wvdial i'm not sure if mandriva 2009 comes with the package but type wvdialconf in root terminal with your phone connected if its there then it will detect your phone if not then do you have another internet connection to the pc from mcc install the wvdial package if you dont have another internet connection let me know and i will let you know how to configure kppp

Just Joined! sparkythewondersquid's Avatar

thank you

after trying out a couple of linux incarnations I went with ubuntu 8.10 mandriva is nice but ubuntu has so much available as far as books etc. anyway I do have wave dial and I am working with it it says I need a dialer if you know anything or anyone else please keep me up to date

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close