Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have loaded Mandriva 2009 on my computer and it found my Lucent hardware modem okay after the modem dials my ISP the browser Firefox can not return with any ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Network Issue

I have loaded Mandriva 2009 on my computer and it found my Lucent hardware modem okay after the modem dials my ISP the browser Firefox can not return with any web pages.The line is engaged and hooks up okay but they web sites are not found.Any suggestions would be great ! I viewed the ppp files paps secerts and it appeared normal.When I reloaded the os the second time I turned the firewall off.I had same problem with Ubuntu 8.04 the modem hooks up and no sites found.
    Thanks for looking Mike

check if offline mode is ticked on firefox ive had that problem several times but then discovered the button marked offline mode as ticked in firefox

Just Joined!
    Thanks,but I already checked the offline button,modems hooks up but no web pages are loaded.I had same problem with Ubuntu 8.04 dials out connects steady but no web pages or updates. Thanks for helping Mike

Just Joined!
    Can anybody tell me if the info listed below in this provided by my ISP is correct ? I have followed their info and still the modem dials out and returns no web sites.Thanks Mike Happy New Year !

NetFAQs: Linux - Connecting to the Net

Just Joined!

Smile Fixed

My neck is bent,my mind is spent but somehow I fix this sucker and my Mandriva is online ! Thanks