Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am looking into learning web design and programing. could someone tell me what the best open source text editor/programming software out there for this venture. i would like color ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Web Design

I am looking into learning web design and programing. could someone tell me what the best open source text editor/programming software out there for this venture. i would like color coding and all if possible. thanks.

Bower

oz
    forum.guy
    Different people have different ideas about what is "the best".

Some popular options would include BlueFish, Quanta, and Screem. You can find some others here.
    oz

I used bluefish while I was lerning PHP, but for every day routine text editing and light programing, I just use VIM. BUT, most of my programing is done over a putty ssh session, so I started it more out of necessity, and keep doing it out of me just know VI well enough that Bluefish would slow me down.
    New to the internet, technical forums, or the hacker / open source community??
    Read this to learn good posting habits http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

RHCE for RHEL version 5
    RHCT for RHEL version 4

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    I haven't done much coding lately, but I find kwrite to be just right for me.