Results 11 to 20 of 21
Well I'll looking for some answer. There's obviously still some trouble with the router settings. For example at me the command 'wget http://www.hitfeny.extra.hu/Utravalo2008.doc ' have downloaded the file....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 01-05-2009 #11
For example at me the command
'wget http://www.hitfeny.extra.hu/Utravalo2008.doc' have downloaded the file.
- 01-05-2009 #12
How did you succed to fix the previous problem with router. Could you check again the configuration. I have no ideas now!
- 01-05-2009 #13
It was set to only allow MAC addresses of specific machines. Once I disabled that it was fine. Except for KDE.
- 01-05-2009 #14
Well, I'm not experienced with networks, BUT
If I understood it correctly, you are connected to internet through the eth0 interface, which is connected to the router, isn't? And at the same time you aren't connected with your other PC's.
Because it happened to me, when I've tried to connect two PC's via LAN cards I could not use my wlan0 interface as long as I was up with eth0.
- 01-06-2009 #15
I am connected to the router via the wlan0 interface. I haven't checked to see if I could connect to other computers.
I tried Konqueror while connected to a different network, and that didn't work either. So, clearly the problem is with some setting in my KDE.
- 01-06-2009 #16
Take a look at this post:
Maybe it could solve your problem.
- 01-06-2009 #17
No, I have a different problem.
I tried pinging a site, and that didn't work. So, My whole systme thinks I am not connected, but actually it is.
wlan0 IEEE 802.11g ESSID:"HUJI-guest" Mode:Managed Frequency:2.462 GHz Access Point: 00:0F:34:49:9F:D1 Bit Rate=12 Mb/s Tx-Power=20 dBm Retry min limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr=2346 B Encryption key:off Link Quality=54/100 Signal level=-76 dBm Noise level=-97 dBm Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0 Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0
- 01-06-2009 #18
My "iwconfig" gives:
wlan0 IEEE 802.11b ESSID:"MOHOL1" Nickname:"Csaba" Mode:Managed Frequency:2.432 GHz Access Point: 00:0B:6B:4D:86:E7 Bit Rate=11 Mb/s Tx-Power:20 dBm Sensitivity=0/3 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off Encryption key:off Power Management:off Link Quality:65/100 Signal level:-54 dBm Noise level:-96 dBm Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0 Tx excessive retries:-1193621184 Invalid misc:-1044337588 Missed beacon:0
And at the same time your taskbar indicator shows that you are off-line?
iwlist wlan0 scan
Does it list your provider's ESSID?
On some systems it is possible to do
iwconfig wlan0 essid provider_name
And after to do
Anyway, have you using the ndiswrapper for your wireless card?
I use to install it via MCC/Network Settings. It needs the Win-driver for your card.
Try to find some article about setting up you wireless card, since a router should not be an obstacle if your w-card is O.K.
- 01-06-2009 #19
I am not using the NDISWrapper, I have an original wireless driver from intelwireless.org.
Anyway, the icon in the taskbar indicates that I am connected.
The problem is somewhere in the KDE. The router is fine, my onboard hardware is fine, the driver is fine. The fact of the matter is that any application that is not KDE recognizes the connection, and KDE applications do not.
The Konsole recognizes it, I ran wget Google in the Konsole and it came up.
$wget www.google.com --2009-01-07 14:47:35-- http://www.google.com/ Resolving www.google.com... 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, ... Connecting to www.google.com|188.8.131.52|:80... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found Reusing existing connection to www.google.com:80. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: unspecified [text/html] Saving to: `index.html' [ <=> ] 5,364 --.-K/s in 0.007s 2009-01-07 14:47:35 (752 KB/s) - `index.html' saved 
- 01-06-2009 #20
It has to be some trouble with proxy. Try to open KTorrent, then Settings/Ktorrent settings
And open the tab "Special"
It is a checkbox "Don't use the KDE's proxy settings for HTTP trackers" or similar. Check it, and try if it work.