Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, Can any one point me in the right direction....... I have installed mandriva 2009.0 free onto a Dell Latitude E5500, dual booting with winxp (every device are operational ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Exclamation [SOLVED] Need advice on Mandriva 2009!!

Hi all,

Can any one point me in the right direction.......

I have installed mandriva 2009.0 free onto a Dell Latitude E5500, dual booting with winxp (every device are operational here) , however this is not the case with mandriva 2009.0; display=ok, wifi= ok, sound=No??

The output from lspci tells me it's a;

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 02)

I have also carried out the following:

1.) Using the latest ALSA drivers for mandriva 2009.0, followed the example in the link below;

Configuring the audio and updating ALSA for Mandriva 2008.0 [Linux Laptop Wiki]

2.) I have ran the Mandriva Linux Control Centre, hardware, sound configuration utility.

3.) I have also used the # alsaconf utility,....

Still No Sound, can any one point me in the direction of light & enlightenment

Many thanks in advance.

jnike

Just Joined!
    Hello,
    I don't know if this will help or not but look at the Mandriva errata and see if
    this could be yours..
    jolphil

2009.0 Errata - Mandriva Community Wiki

Thumbs up

Hi All,

I have managed to get the sound working, after re-reading the Bug#44855 and Bug#44727 from this link,

2009.0 Errata - Mandriva Community Wiki

I than reformatted the linux partition of the hard disk, re-installed Mandriva 2009.0 (attaching the Dell E5500 to a physical network connection), than updated the newly installed Mandriva 2009.0 with the latest updates.

Many thanks to all for your in-put.:

Jnike

Just Joined!
    You are welcome..Glad you got it going!!
    jolphil