Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am new user to Linux . I successfully installed Mandriva 2008 . It told to remove media and reboot . While rebooting it goes blank before asking user ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Red face [SOLVED] Blank screen while rebooting after installation - Mandriva 2008

Hi, I am new user to Linux . I successfully installed Mandriva 2008 . It told to remove media and reboot . While rebooting it goes blank before asking user name & password . I am using AMD 64 bit . Previously I successfully installed Ubuntu . Since i was unable to detect my dial up modem , I tried Mandriva .
    Suggestions plz. I formatted and reinstalled again . Still getting the same problem

Just Joined!
    Hmm,,, what kind of hardware is it? Are you using a special graphics card or anything?

Just Joined!

Thumbs up Solved

Hi! Thanks . I have solved the problem . I am using M2N8-VMX ASUS Mother board .
    Re-installed.Clicked configure button for Grub and unchecked 'Enable ACPI' . I don't know why , but it worked .
    Now I am having a new problem . Mandriva doesn't detect Dial-up modem . I am using HUAWEI WIRELESS MODEM . Can you guide me ....plz.

Just Joined!
    I'm sorry, but I haven't used dial-up for a long time, and never that brand (I used a Zoom USB Modem, which came with Linux drivers out of the box). I suggest you start a new thread about this issue. (New threads are more likely to be read by others because they can be viewed through the 'unanswered posts' link.)

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by PerlCoder View Post
    I'm sorry, but I haven't used dial-up for a long time, and never that brand (I used a Zoom USB Modem, which came with Linux drivers out of the box). I suggest you start a new thread about this issue. (New threads are more likely to be read by others because they can be viewed through the 'unanswered posts' link.)
    OK. Thanks.