Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have had some terrible trouble trying to install my D-Link DWL-G650 wireless card on Mandrake. I have one of the later versions so I cannot use the prism drivers. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

D-Link DWL-G650 and Mandrake

I have had some terrible trouble trying to install my D-Link DWL-G650 wireless card on Mandrake. I have one of the later versions so I cannot use the prism drivers. I have searched all over google and the only thing I have found is one using the madwifi drivers or a driver that was included with Mandrake. Both of these options have had no luck. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to get it to work or even another wireless G card that is guaranteed to work.

Linux Guru
    I just got a Netgear WG511 that worked almost out of the box. I simply downloaded some firmware, plugged it in, configured the network for the card and it was good to go (although Mandrake does see it as a d-link).

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Just Joined!
    gzambran,

What hardware revision is your G520? I have this card, revision A4, running in Mandrake 10 using the madwifi driver.

Skid

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I have hardware revision: B3

is that the DWL-650 or the DWL-650+

DeX
    Just Joined!
    I have DWL-G520 but I dont have drivers. It is A revision .... but no offical drivers werent made .... so does anybody has drivers or knows were to download them ?