Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am having problems using a flat panel on my PC. I built it (and about 3000 other PC's). The architecture is ASROCK AliveNF4G-DVI motherboard. The video chip is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] cannot use flat panel

Hi, I am having problems using a flat panel on my PC. I built it (and about 3000 other PC's). The architecture is ASROCK AliveNF4G-DVI motherboard. The video chip is onboard and is Nvidia Gforce 6100. I have 1GB ram and 3 x 80GB hard drives all running Mandriva 2007. I have the 2009 DVD's to upgrade if I have to but I do not like the new format. I recently bought a Yuraku 19" wide screen flat panel. All was OK except the horizontal position was locked at 255 and could not be altered. This meant that I lost about 1 inch of the picture on the left and got a 1 inch black bar on the right of the panel. I tested this screen on windoze and it worked perfectly. I also established that it worked OK during boot up UNTIL xorg.conf was in place and then it misbehaved. I tried various fixes using xrandr and gtf but could not fix the problem. As I could not resolve this, I took it back and got a HP L1702 flat panel. This one was perfect except, after 10 mins, it went to sleep and could NOT be woken up. I took that back and got a BENQ 17" panel. This was OK for a couple of days and then it showed signs of being over-driven (anything white became horizontal red and white stripes). I now have a mind to buy a HannsG HQ191 flat panel BUT I would like to know if I am heading for trouble doing this.Can anyone shed any light on my roblem?

Just Joined!
    This is now resolved. I bought the HannsG 19" and it is fine. Seems the others were all faulty. Quite an amazing coincidence. I do believe the wide screen was down to xorg.conf not accepting wide screen settings but the HP and the BENQ were faulty. Thanks.