Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, im installing a desktop pc with mandriva 2007. This is Intel® Desktop Board DQ45CB and has serial ata cables for the hardrives . This caused problem with the install ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing Mandriva 2007

Hi,

im installing a desktop pc with mandriva 2007. This is Intel® Desktop Board DQ45CB
    and has serial ata cables for the hardrives . This caused problem with the install but I changed it in the BIOS to ide native and I could install the os, problem is now that when the pc reboots after the install it goes to kernel panic and freezes, is this a waste of time trying to install Mandriva 2007 ? or can someone tell me how I can get passed this please.

Thanks

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

That version of Mandriva came out in October of 2006, so you'd probably get better hardware detection using Mandriva 2009 if that's an option that you can go with. I think SATA compatibility has improved quite a bit in the last few years.

I don't run Mandriva myself, but perhaps someone that does will jump in here with additional info for you.
    oz

Ozar is correct, from what I could see '07 is not what you want to use - my suggestion is Mandriva spring 2008. 2009 come prebundled with kde 4.xx which in my opinion is, well I'll just say worse than 3.xx. Sata is supported out of the box with either version though...Loy.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Thanks

Thanks guys, im going to leave the mandriva 2009 install as well,
    It works so thanks but there isnt a server version of it and I dont want the whole gui side of it. THink im going Ubuntu rather.

Thanks