Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recently installed Mandriva Linux 2009 Free Edition (64 bit) on a 3 year old XP PC, but couldn't use it because my login details were declared invalid. Convinced that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] uninstalling linux 2009

I recently installed Mandriva Linux 2009 Free Edition (64 bit) on a 3 year old XP PC, but couldn't use it because my login details were declared invalid. Convinced that they were correct, I tried all sorts of fixes without success. In the event, I reinstalled the distro, after which I failed to get as far as the login box!

I decided to completely uninstall the distro and its bootloader, but so far my efforts to do this have also failed. Any help with this problem would be appreciated. It would be nice to get back to some sort of sanity.

ken robinson23

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

You should be able to install right over the current partitions with the distro of your choice, without the need to manually remove the current OS beforehand.

If that won't work for some reason, you can use a liveCD such as the PartedMagic LiveCD to easily wipe or format the current partitions. It can be used to wipe the MBR as well, if you wish.
    oz

Just Joined!

uninstalling linux 2009

Many thanks or that suggestion. The problem is now resolved.

Kenrobinson23

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close