Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am very, very new to the Linux world. In fact, I only installed Linux on my system yesterday. For years now, my main chat client has been Yahoo ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Voice Chatting on Mandriva

Hi,

I am very, very new to the Linux world. In fact, I only installed Linux on my system yesterday. For years now, my main chat client has been Yahoo Messenger, with MSN Messenger running a close second. One of the features that I use most with Yahoo Messenger is the voice chat, but that is not available in Pidgin. It appears to be available in aMSN, but I can't get it to work. Are there any chat clients out there that will allow me to voice chat?

Just Joined!
    Hi there for yahoo messenger you can try Gyachi, you don't mention what version of mandriva you have but do a search in your repositories. Note: audio works in rooms only, and you need to install the tsp codecs. Just in case I leave you the link for the programĚ GYachI Home Page

Regards;

MaRk-I

Just Joined!
    Thanks Mark for your reply. Perhaps I should have been a bit more specific. I do not go into chat rooms, but rather voice chat with a friend of mine via Yahoo or MSN. Is there a client that will allow me to do that? Oh yes, as far as I know, I am using the latest version of Mandriva.

Bob

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Cdnliberal yw and well hmm you can try aMSN but it only gives you like 10 seconds of audio (what I mean is you start to talk and have only 10 seconds max then it cuts off, also receiving audio you have to click almost like receiving a file to hear the other party), another option might be wengo or ekiga but those are SIP based don't know if you can call a yahoo or msn acct. with those. Hope it helps and good luck

MaRk-I

I've done this successfully using Skype.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Oh, fingal I was wondering where are you?
    Yes, Skype is good, but please, turn off the pulseaudio, if you want to use it.
    If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100682
    Linux Usert#430188