Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi, i've installed Mandiva 2009. I've installed it successfully but when i start linux it shows "Kernel panic - not syncing: attempted to kill init!" this is the last line. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy can not run mandriva 2009

hi, i've installed Mandiva 2009. I've installed it successfully but when i start linux it shows
    "Kernel panic - not syncing: attempted to kill init!"
    this is the last line.

I installed mandriva 2009 before but then it didn't show any errors.
    my pc configuration is
    Intel Core2Duo E6400 2.13GHz
    1.5 GB ram
    Intel DG965RY main board
    Nvidia Geforce 7300GS
    Samsung DVD writer (PATA)
    ASUS DVD rom (SATA)
    160 GB Hitachi HD (SATA)

plz help me.

First of all, do you have any sensitive information on your hard drive? Because I think that we may need to format it and try again.
    A few options that I can think of:
    1. If you can, take out your hard drive, plug it into another computer and retrieve anything you want to save. Then try re-installing. Guaranteed to save anything on your computer, the problem is it might not fix the problem.
    2. If it's a Live cd, try booting into that, and if you haven't yet, rescue any and all information on your hard drive. Then try a re-install. But before that, there may be some settings you could play with or check, I don't know, you need a real Linux guru for that.
    3. If it's not a Live cd, download the new Mandriva Spring 2009 ISO file here. I know that that works, I got mine from there. Then burn it to a disc, and boot off it. That is a Live cd, and you should be able to access your hard drive from there, and install it.
    Good luck! Let me know if any of that helped.
    Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network.

Registered Linux user #481826 Get counted!