Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've been using Mandriva 2008.1 Spring for the past month now, maybe a little longer. The thing is, I'm a big time movie downloader so I download movies of all ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Apply Mandriva 2008 PowerPack to Mandriva 2008.1

I've been using Mandriva 2008.1 Spring for the past month now, maybe a little longer. The thing is, I'm a big time movie downloader so I download movies of all types. I recently downloaded Mandriva 2008 PowerPack and according to its description, one of its features is allowing the viewer to view all types of movies which is very beneficial to me noticing all the movie types I run into. So basically I'm wondering if after I burn the PowerPack to a disc, is it possible to transfer the movie type features over to my current version of Mandriva. If so, how do I do it? I really appreciate any help.

You should be able to set up a CD repository, but I'm not sure how to go about it for Mandriva. For what it's worth, all of the programs you need to watch pretty much any movie format are available in the PLF repositories. You can add them through Easy URPMI