Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey guys, i m having problem in Mandrake 10.0 community as my sound volume is not upto the mark i have to amplify my speakers to the maximum limit to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Volume Control

hey guys,
    i m having problem in Mandrake 10.0 community as my sound volume is not upto the mark i have to amplify my speakers to the maximum limit to hear a faint sound. whereas in windows the sound level is quite high in only half of the amplification for speakers. i have used redhat before it also had some problem but not that much as i couldnot hear a thing at normal level.
    i have a Analog Devices Soundmax card built-in in my motherboard and it is recognized as On board Intel Audio device 810 which works fine but hey u gotta help me out in this volume thing.
    Thanks

Aarish

did you raise the volume bar in the volume control center? and for some reason some onboard sound dont work as well as they do in windows.

sometimes its just better to add seperate sound card.

Just Joined!

nothing's working

hey i have checked almost all volume bars in control center in multimedia applications and in whole KDE. well to check i install redhat 9 and check volume , its perfect sound is coming with full quality and volume. much better than windows. but the problem only occured in mandrake 10.0 community.
    so is this happening with anyone else and ofcourse it is happening , why ?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    mandrake 10.0 community.
    ok now you mention commnunity which beta and buggy, so that could be your problem...i had problems with mdk 10 community but when i tried the official release everything worked fine.

Just Joined!
    When i installed mandrake 10.0 I had all sorts of problems with my sound. (I'm a newbie by the way) I had a similar problem and I changed settings in kmix aumix and tried it with audacity. Booming sound now

Linux Guru
    Kmix is very powerful application that may seem a little daunting at first. Make sure you turn up most everything in the input tab, other then mic. Also make sure your output is at max, including gain.

Let us know if that works for you,
    Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude