Find the answer to your Linux question:
I did an install of Mandriva 2009.1 with KDE 4.2 and for some reason it won't show the Default Wallpaper Yet another machine I have Mandriva on has this Default ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux 2009.1 install won't show Default Desktop Wallpaper

I did an install of Mandriva 2009.1 with KDE 4.2 and for some reason it won't show the Default Wallpaper
    Yet another machine I have Mandriva on has this Default wallpaper listed and selected.
    Is there a specific place I can find the wallpaper? I was going to copy it from the 2nd machine and found the /usr/share/wallpaper directory but did not see it listed. Is there another way I can get this default wallpaper?

I don't run Mandriva anymore since 2008 but you might be able to find what you are Looking for Here
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Open the KDE launcher. Depending on whether you are using Kickoff or regular, you should be able to find something called Desktop Settings. (Or you can right click the desktop).
    In the Settings under Look and Feel find the wallpaper.
    In the right click it should be right there.
    There are many options that I don't exactly remember (I don't have it in front of me, I'm on an XFCE workspace now) but you should find what you are looking for.
    At the very worst there should be a button there that will allow you to get new wallpapers.
    Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network.

Registered Linux user #481826 Get counted!