Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just installed Mandriva 2009.1 on VMWare Fusion on my Mac. I am trying to install the VMWare Tools after the install and I get the following error: None of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unable to get VMWare Tools installed on Mandriva 2009.1

I just installed Mandriva 2009.1 on VMWare Fusion on my Mac.
    I am trying to install the VMWare Tools after the install and I get the following error:

None of the pre-built vmmemctl modules for VMWare Tools is suitable for your running kernel. Do you want this program to try to build the vmmemctl module for your system (you need to have a C compiler installed on your system?

I selected Yes and then it said
    Using compiler "/usr/bin/gcc". use environment variable CC to override.

What is the location of the directory of c header files that match your running kernel? [/usr/src/linux/include]

I hit enter the select the default and got the following error message:

The path "/usr/src/linux/include" is a kernel header file directory, but it does not contain the file "linux/version.h" as expected. This can happen if the kernel has never been built, or if you have invoked the "make mrproper" command in your kernel directory. In any case, you may want to rebuild your kernel.

Unfortunately I'm stuck in a loop at this time. Does anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong?

You should select kernel source directory of the kernel you are currently using. by default those are not installed on some distros
    Never make any misteaks.

Read my Blog at --> Penguin Inside Subscribe Feed