Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed mandriva on a second hard drive the first one has windows, but i didn't like mandriva so i deleted it when i was in windows by going to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

cant boot windows without linux

I installed mandriva on a second hard drive the first one has windows, but i didn't like mandriva so i deleted it when i was in windows by going to the manage my computer part then the storage section and i wiped mandriva hd now my computer wont startup without mandriva installed on the second hd because of that dual boot screen i think it needs that. how do i get it to be just windows again with 2 hds and no dual boot screen. just automatically starts into windows xp.

Use SuperGrub to restore Windows bootloader code to the MBR of your Windows harddrive.

Or
    Boot up from Windows Installation CD, select Repair and execute fixmbr command at repair prompt.

Windows Installation CD doesn't work in a few machine. In that case, SuperGRUB will sort out problem.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First