Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Firefox Spelling Suggestions are absent

Hello there,

Not sure, if it's a "feature" of the linux version of firefox, or a bug in my case, but Firefox does check the spelling for me, but does not give any suggestions for the spelling (and I tried different dictionaries). Does anyone know what could be a remedy of the problem?

Thank you!

Have you install en_US Spell checking dictionary extension?

Sorry, not sure what do you mean. I don't think I installed any dictionary extension on Firefox. And, as I mentioned, firefox does check check the spellings. What is doesn't do, is giving me suggestions on the misspelled words.

I have checked the available addons for firefox and didn't find any english US dictionaries. Could you please specify what did you mean?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by nikitchm View Post
    I have checked the available addons for firefox and didn't find any english US dictionaries.
    Here's a link to the United States English Dictionary:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3497
    oz

Thank you. But after the installation, with US english being chosen, nothing has changed. Still firefox checks the spelling, but doesn't suggest corrections...

You can try following:
    in the adress bar enter
    about:config
    search the line: Layout.spellcheckDefault
    enter e number "2".
    restard the browser and check if something changed.

Thank you for the suggestion. I had, in fact, Layout.spellcheckDefault =1 and changed it to 2. Unfortunately, it didn't help the problem - I still don't have any suggestions for the misspelled words...

Thank you for the suggestion. I had, in fact, Layout.spellcheckDefault =1 and changed it to 2. Unfortunately, it didn't help the problem - I still don't have any suggestions for the misspelled words...
    Sorry, now I don't have another idea left

Are sure you are wrting in rich text box?

I have annother idea: When you are writing in a textbox did you try to press the right mouse klick? - There should come a line check orthography in this field.