Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I used to connect via MacBook to the internet, using an AZTECH high speed modem. Last week I changed my connection to go via my desktop running on MANDRIVA, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Connecting to the internet

Hi,
    I used to connect via MacBook to the internet, using an AZTECH high speed modem. Last week I changed my connection to go via my desktop running on MANDRIVA, using the same modem. That was done successfully.

My next project is to keep my connection to the internet via my desktop, and to enable my Macbook and my HP mini ( which runs on SUSE) to access the internet through WiFi. However, when the NETGEAR wireless router (WGR614 v9) is connected to the modem (following the guide that comes with the router) my desktop is not able to get connected to the internet!

What do I need to do ??

It's possible that you have the same problem that I had - not with the same router of course, but still. I had to clone my computer's mac address in order to get the modem to talk to the router, for some reason it refused to recognise it. See if your router has a similar option to clone a mac address.