Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have run across a few sites that said they required jre to be installed. I downloaded it and went through the install and placed the symbolic link in the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Firefox Java Problem

I have run across a few sites that said they required jre to be installed. I downloaded it and went through the install and placed the symbolic link in the plug-in folder only to find that there was an slightly older version already installed. My question is why does it still not work? Is it something that is specific to the website in question? It is facebook by the way, the upload pictures app. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Going from memory here, but I believe the problem with the Java picture uploader in FaceBook is not Java itself, but something else having to do with Linux. If you'll look below, you'll see a link to the "simple uploader" and that will work just fine. Has for me with a bunch of pictures I've uploaded so it should work for you.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Going from memory here, but I believe the problem with the Java picture uploader in FaceBook is not Java itself, but something else having to do with Linux. If you'll look below, you'll see a link to the "simple uploader" and that will work just fine. Has for me with a bunch of pictures I've uploaded so it should work for you.
    Thanks for the info, i finally got it working but feel like an idiot. I had the link pathway wrong in the plugin folder. Thats what i get for cut and pasting instead of doing it myself. But i learned a few things so that helps. I didn't know about the simple uploader though, think i will use that instead of the other.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close