Find the answer to your Linux question:
How do I reinstall the finder app and get all the packages I lost? Thanks for any responses...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Oops I deleted the finder app

How do I reinstall the finder app and get all the packages I lost?

Thanks for any responses

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by adamd444 View Post
    How do I reinstall the finder app and get all the packages I lost?

Thanks for any responses
    Welcome to the forums!

I'm not familiar with the finder app. Can you rephrase the question?

Are you referring to the application finder in Xfce4, or a search tool of some type?

What Mandriva release and what desktop environment (and release) are you running?
    oz

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the warm welcome

It was just a basic search application but I ended up deleting Dolphine with it. I don't know how to show you my systems specs besides the fact I use Mandriva. Anyway to back it up to like yesterday? (didn't make any backups)

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by adamd444 View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome

It was just a basic search application but I ended up deleting Dolphine with it. I don't know how to show you my systems specs besides the fact I use Mandriva. Anyway to back it up to like yesterday? (didn't make any backups)
    If you had Dolphin installed you are probably running the KDE4.x desktop environment. I think Dolphin is included in the kdebase package and kappfinder might be in there too, if that's the one you lost.

You might be able to get them back by reinstalling the kdebase package from a Mandriva repository, or from your Mandriva installation disk. I'm not running Mandriva or KDE4 at the moment so can't really check it or test it. Perhaps someone that is running them will respond with more help.
    oz