Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've been messing around with alot of different Linux distros lately, and Mandriva is the one I am currently trying to learn, but I am having trouble find a clear ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

nvidia + flash player install Spring 2009

I've been messing around with alot of different Linux distros lately, and Mandriva is the one I am currently trying to learn, but I am having trouble find a clear cut procedure for installing nvidia drivers and Flash Player 10.

I guess I am wondering why it is so much more hassle in Mandriva to get this done than opposed to the Fedora or Ubuntu procedure for the same package? Can anyone give me a from-scratch procedure for installing nvidia (geforce6100) driver in Mandriva?

Also, a procedure for installing Flash Player 10 would be appreciated too.

Go to easyurpmi.

Set up the contrib and plf (penguin liberation front) repositories. These contain all the non-free bits of software not included in Mandriva. It's been a while since I've used Mandriva, but you should be able to find the flash plugin and nvidia drivers there.

You also should pay attention when installing other software that you're using the plf packages, especially regarding multimedia software, or you may find you won't be able to play some non-free formats.