Hi,

I'm trying to make my Mandriva work on intel card with two screens: my laptop's screen and an external 1600x1200 monitor. After reading some other forums I partially succeeded in doing it with xrandr (v.1.3) (here: ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=583566 and here: thinkwiki.org/wiki/Xorg_RandR_1.2 are good explanations for how to do it). One of the commands I've been using is:
xrandr --output LVDS --mode 1680x1050 --output HDMI-1 --mode 1600x1200 --right-of LVDS

But I'm still facing a problem, that the external monitor is getting automatically assigned as primary, with all the panels moving to it. It's annoying, as the resolutions of the monitors are different, and the settings are getting screwed when moving back and forth. "--primary" and "--noprimary" options of xrandr didn't help.

I searched internet for solution for quite a while, but could find a solution for gnome only (where the panels can be moved to a monitor of interest). Don't you know, whether it's possible at all with xrandr? I'm using Mandriva 2009, kde4, xrandr1.3. I can also post my xorg.conf, if needed. If you happen to know another way to set up dual head I'm greatly appreciate as well!

Thank you!